Current Opening: Chief Executive
Salary: up to £57,000 pa pro rata (3 days per week)
Location: London (home based)
Mavar is recruiting for the important role of chief executive. We are looking for an individual who can lead the charity through a period of growth in terms of the services we offer, and the number of people we support.
Mavar offers a pathway into mainstream society for individuals and families who are considering, or have chosen to, leave the UK’s Jewish ultra-orthodox world. The lifestyle of ultra-orthodox communities does not suit all who are born into it, and there are several obstacles to leaving and making a successful life in the outside community.
Mavar provides support and resources for people from the ultra-orthodox community wherever they might be on their journey – whether they are exploring options to catch-up with their education; whether they are considering the implications of leaving; or whether they are struggling to succeed on their newly chosen path. Our key areas of provision are education, employment support, housing, social adjustment
We are looking for a person with:
- A desire to grow a small charity
- The ability to lead a team of skilled volunteers
- The gravitas to represent the charity and work alongside multiple stakeholders
- Fundraising capability including developing relationships with high-net worth individuals and grant giving bodies
- The ability to run and develop a client service operation
- Comfort with technology and social media
- An understanding of the ultra-orthodox Jewish community would be
advantageous, but not essential
We are keen to recruit our new chief executive as soon as possible. If you are interested and would like to receive an information pack for this role with details on how to apply, please send your CV and covering letter outlining why you are interested in the role, to our chair, Nick Gendler at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For an informal and confidential conversation about this position, please also email Nick with your number and some suitable times to speak.