Mavar offers a safe space to turn to, if you need:
Once you’ve made contact with Mavar and had an intake chat, you will be given your own personal mentor to guide you through all the help Mavar can offer. Your mentor will get to know you, listen to your questions and help you consider options so that you can make informed choices. Our mentors understand the Charedi and formerly frum community and the issues around questioning your position in that community.
A supportive and welcoming Jewish world is here to welcome you.
We offer guidance around issues such as:
- How can I improve my spoken and written English?
- How can I improve my skills in Mathematics?
- What qualifications do I need such as GCSEs, BTecs or A levels?
- What Adult Education Centre or College might be right for me?
- How do I prepare an application for college?
- Help talking through emotional issues, both past and present
- Help with finding your independent self
Legal Rights, Housing and Welfare Provision
- What are my legal rights?
- What social welfare payments am I entitled to?
- How can I find housing?
Social and Personal Support
- How can I meet people who have similar interests to me?
- Who can I talk to about the dilemmas I have around my identity, my relationships and my anxieties?
- Where can I live outside of the community?
- What are my options for both emergency and more permanent housing?
- How do I open a bank account?
- How can I manage my money?
- What are my career options and how do I pursue them?
- Where can I get training for the job I want to do?
- How do I write a CV?
- How do I write a job application?
- How can I develop interview skills?