Mavar Resource Packs
Mavar has commissioned several information packs for its members, both in London and Manchester, to help them navigate the outside world:
- GENERAL RESOURCES PACK: information on education, housing, employment, welfare, legal advice, social opportunities and relevant websites.
- EDUCATION PACK: detailed information about courses, colleges and funding.
- DIVORCE GUIDE: a short summary of the processes involved in getting a divorce.
- VOCATIONAL PATHWAYS GUIDE: information about Apprenticeships and Vocational Qualifications.
- DATING AND RELATIONSHIPS GUIDE: Ideas to help you navigate dating and relationships in the secular world.
In the General Resources Pack you’ll find answers to questions you might have about the process of exploring the world beyond ultra-orthodoxy, and where to begin. To read an example of a section from the pack click: Improving Spoken English.
To request a copy of any of the packs listed above, email: email@example.com.
Naomi Alderman – Disobedience
Shalom Auslander – Foreskin’s Lament: Beware of God
Lynn Davidman – Becoming un-orthodox: stories of ex-Hasidic Jews
Shulem Deen – All Who Go Do Not Return
Deborah Feldman – Unorthodox, The scandalous rejection of my Hasidic Roots
Eve Harris – The Marrying of Chani Kaufman
Savyon Liebrecht – Apples from the Desert
Reva J Mann –The Rabbi’s Daughter – A true story of sex, drugs and Orthodoxy
Anouk Markovitz – I am Forbidden
Abby Stein – Becoming Eve: My journey from Ultra-Orthodox Rabbi to Transgender Woman
Leah Vincent – Cut me loose: Sin and Salvation after My Ultra-Orthodox Girlhood
Hella Winston – The Unchosen: the Hidden Lives of Hasidic Rebels