Mavar offers a safe space to turn to, if you need:
- education guidance
- a mentor
- referrals to low-cost counsellors and tutors
- expertise from lawyers, career advisors and other professionals
- social networks and family hospitality
- accommodation and employment support
Your mentor will get to know you, listen to your questions and help you consider options so that you can make informed choices. Our mentors understand the Charedi community, the formerly frum community and the issues around questioning.
A supportive and welcoming Jewish community is here to welcome you.
We offer guidance around issues such as:
- How can I improve my spoken and written English?
- How can I improve my skills in Mathematics?
- What qualifications do I need such as GCSEs, BTecs or A levels?
- What Adult Education Centre or College might be right for me?
- How do I prepare an application for college?
- What are my career options and how do I pursue them?
- Where can I get training for the job I want to do?
- How do I write a CV?
- How do I write a job application?
- How can I develop interview skills?
Social and Personal Support
- How can I meet people who have similar interests to me?
- Who can I talk to about the dilemmas I have around my identity, my relationships and my anxieties?
Legal Rights, Housing and Welfare Provision
- What are my legal rights?
- What social welfare payments am I entitled to?
- How can I find housing?
- How do I open a bank account?
- How can I manage my money?