How we can help
Mavar offers a safe space for Haredi or former Haredi Jews to turn to, for information, guidance, referrals and resources. Our personal mentors are caring individuals who will get to know you, listen to your questions and help you think through your options – they understand the Haredi community and the issues around questioning, whether or not you see yourself as an apikoros.
Questioning is normal and the mentors are there to help you think through your questions.
Mavar can support men and women into education, employment and housing. We can help you improve your English. We have education bursaries to ensure you can study whatever you want. We offer social networks, hospitality, workshops and opportunities to meet other young people and families. We can help to integrate you socially into the non-Charedi world – if that’s what you want. We have a team of counsellors and therapists for those who need emotional support. We have family and immigration lawyers who can provide legal advice. We have a wide network of professionals in every field to help you on your journey. No matter where you live in the UK, we can help.
We can help with questions such as:
- How can I improve my spoken and written English?
- How can I improve my skills in Mathematics?
- What qualifications do I need such as GCSEs, BTecs or A levels?
- What Adult Education Centre or College might be right for me?
- How do I prepare an application for college?
- What are my career options and how do I pursue them?
- Where can I get training for the job I want to do?
- How do I write a CV?
- How do I write a job application?
- How can I develop interview skills?
Social and Personal Support
- How can I meet people who have similar interests to me?
Legal Rights, Housing and Welfare Provision
- What are my legal rights?
- What social welfare payments am I entitled to?
- How can I find housing?
- How do I open a bank account?
- How can I manage my money?