What do we offer?
Mavar provides confidential guidance and support to Charedi Jews who wish to explore the world beyond their community. We can help with questions in the following areas:
- How can I improve my spoken and written English?
- How can I improve my skills in Mathematics?
- What qualifications do I need such as GCSEs, BTecs or A levels?
- What Adult Education Centre or College might be right for me?
- How do I prepare an application for college?
- What are my career options and how do I pursue them?
- Where can I get training for the job I want to do?
- How do I write a CV?
- How do I write a job application?
- How can I develop interview skills?
Social and Personal Support
- How can I meet people who have similar interests to me?
Mavar has a social co-ordinator who will help to integrate you socially into the non-Charedi world. We host social events. We offer hospitality in people’s homes. We’ll suggest a variety of social networks that may be of interest.
Our mentors understand the Charedi community.
If necessary, we can refer you to a counsellor or therapist to support your emotional needs.
Legal Rights, Housing and Welfare Provision
- What are my legal rights?
- What social welfare payments am I entitled to?
- How can I find housing?
- How do I open a bank account?
- How can I manage my money?