Mavar is seeking a Bookkeeper to support its work with young men and women from the Charedi community who have taken the challenging decision to follow a different path in life.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To prepare management accounts and other schedules based on underlying records.
- To ensure suppliers, project partners, HMRC and expenses are paid on time
- To ensure that all expenditure invoices are appropriately authorised, properly recorded and paid within agreed timescales
- To ensure the charity’s income is accurately recorded
- To set up payments to suppliers, grant recipients, staff expenses on internet banking and ensure corresponding accounting entries are made.
- To reconcile bank statements and petty cash and various other accounts at least monthly.
- To assist with ad hoc financial information as may be required
- To administer Gift Aid documentations completed by individual donors and process claim form with HMRC.
- To administer online donations to the charity, including updating supporter records.
- To deal with staff or trustee queries and producing ad hoc reports as may be required.
- To assist the treasurer and line manager with reports for trustees, funding reports etc
The ideal candidate will be:
- Familiar with Kashflow, Word and Excel
- Have a bookkeeping qualification or at least 1 years’ experience
- Empathetic to the mission of the charity
- A confident communicator with excellent written skills
- Highly organised and professional with an ability to work to deadlines
- Attentive to fine detail
Candidates need to demonstrate a personal or working relationship with the Jewish community.
Salary will be £15.00 per hour (freelance) for 1 day a month (1-2 hrs a week). You will mostly work from home, though meetings in North London may be required. The hours are flexible.
We strongly encourage individuals with lived experience of growing up in the Charedi world to apply.
For further information about Mavar see: www.mavar.org.uk, or call 07442 209283.
If you would like to apply please send a CV, with a covering letter explaining your interest in the charity and the post, to firstname.lastname@example.org . Two references are also required, but these will only be taken up on appointment.
Closing date: 18th July 2021, 9pm
MAVAR www.mavar.org.uk supports men and women who have grown up in the closed world of ultra-orthodoxy, and have now taken the challenging decision to explore alternative pathways in the wider world. Recognising the individual’s right to self-determination, the charity enables callers to make informed choices about their future, and fosters independence, emotional resilience and cultural integration.